Unfortunately on our return to competitive games after the long 20-month layoff, the Rockets only had 3 players available. However they were excellent throughout the whole day and played some great attacking football against 3 teams and were unlucky not to end up with a maximum 9 points.
The team has 7 points and move onto the next round of fixtures in November, looking to build on today’s performances.
Match 1 – QAC 2 – 2 Villa Rockets PFC
- The team’s first competitive game of the season ended in a draw.
- The Rockets went 1-0 up in the first half and continued their momentum into the second half, going 2-0 up, through a quick deflected kick in.
- Although playing well and in control for most of the game, the team disappointingly conceded 2 goals in the last 5 minutes.
Match 2 – Villa Rockets PFC 3 – 0 Telford PFC
(M. Hindley, H. Mudhir, S. Stinson)
- Despite the disappointment of the 1st game, the team came back to beat Telford 3-0. They were a goal up at the half time and were unlucky not to have scored more.
- The second half brought 2 more goals. The first scoring direct from a kick in with the third coming from a good set piece.
Match 3 – Villa Rockets PFC 11 – 0 Burton Albion
(S. Stinson 4, M. Hindley 4, H. Mudhir 2, 1 OG)
- The team finished off their final game of the day, with their most complete and dominant performance. From the off, the Rockets were attacking, passing and moving and were 6-0 up at half time, scoring a variety of goals, through set pieces and open play passing moves.
- The team kept up their level of play in the second half and added a further 5 goals.